Sierra Pacific Orthopedics Center
1630 E. Herndon Avenue
Fresno, CA 93720
A native of Clovis, California, Matthew J. Simons, M.D., is a fellowship-trained adult hip and knee reconstruction surgeon who specializes in joint replacements. His introduction to medicine came from his father, who is a practicing neurosurgeon in Fresno.
After obtaining an undergraduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley in Berkeley, California, Dr. Simons earned his medical degree and completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Illinois in Chicago, Illinois. During medical school, he completed rotations and earned a scholarship from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Simons’ training includes significant time at two of the country’s busiest trauma centers.
Dr. Simons completed fellowship training in adult hip and knee reconstruction at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, New York where he was mentored by several elite joint replacement surgeons. He is an expert in hip and knee replacements, hip and knee joint revisions, arthroscopic knee surgery, and caring for lower extremity fractures.
Dr. Simon has experience treating the elite athletes of the Chicago Sky women’s basketball team and the baseball, gymnastics, and soccer athletes of the University of Illinois. He is passionate about providing the highest quality of care with open, honest communication. Dr. Simons specializes in lower extremity reconstruction with the goal of restoring motion to those affected by injury and joint degeneration.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Certification in Healthcare Ethics, Rush University, Chicago, IL
- Medical Degree, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, International Congress of Joint Reconstruction