1630 E. Herndon Ave.
Fresno, CA 93720
Dr. Thaxter graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1985 with a B.A. degree in biophysics. He earned his M.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in 1989.
Dr. Thaxter completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of California at Davis in 1994. He has been board-certified with the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery since 1997.
Dr. Thaxter specializes in arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgeries of the hip and elbow, sports medicine, and joint reconstruction of the hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow. He is also a consulting physician for several athletic teams, including Fresno State, Reedley College, and many local high schools.
A native of Fresno, Dr. Thaxter’s interests include spending time with family, playing tennis, traveling, and listening to music.
Education, Training and Affiliations:
- Medical Degree, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California at Davis
- Member, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, California Medical Association
- Member, Fresno-Madera Medical Society
- Member, Lipscomb Orthopaedic Society